About Brevard Health Alliance
The Brevard Health Alliance, Inc. is Brevard County's only Federally Qualified Health Center. This organization provides extensive primary health care services to Brevard County residents regardless of their ability to pay for those services. By offering services on a sliding fee scale, BHA has provided primary care service, limited dental services, diagnostic services, case management services, medication assistance, and speciality referrals to Brevard County's economically disadvantaged residents since March of 2005.
Our objective is to provide a primary health care home for our patients. Like your family physician, our goal is to provide not just urgent care, but preventive care and health care related education to our patients. Brevard Health Alliance is a private, not for profit organization with a community board of directors. More than one-half of our board members are patients of our clinics. We currently operate a pediatric clinic and adult clinic in Palm Bay, an adult clinic in Melbourne, and one in Titusville. We have recently expanded our adult clinic in Rockledge which includes dental and pediatric services and have acquired a pediatric clinic in Malabar. We also plan to open our Malabar adult clinic in the summer of this year in our newest and largest Sarno location, which will include all specialties, will open in October 2013.
Our Mobile Health Unit provides services to citizens at various soup kitchens, transitional housing locations and church locations throughout Brevard County such as the Daily Bread, Central Brevard Sharing Center, Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, Grace United Methodist Church, and our newest location, The Garden Apartments. The goal of Brevard Health Alliance Mobile Health Unit is to provide professional medical care to Brevard's residents 'where they are'; on the streets, in shelters, at soup kitchens and at drop-in centers. We currently provide services to approximately 2,000 Brevard County citizens that present as homeless.
The Brevard Health Alliance provides primary medical care with board certified family practice and internal medicine physicians and advanced practice nurse practitioners. This care includes health maintenance such as well child check ups, well woman care and physicals. BHA also provides chronic disease management for things such as hypertension and diabetes.
Since opening on March 7, 2005, the Brevard Health Alliance has:
- Provided medical services to more than 48,000 Brevard Country citizens
- Provided more than 278,294 medical visits, more than 63.5% of which were provided to uninsured patients
- Provided more than 4,557 dental visits
- Provided more than 1,819 behavioral health visits
- Provided more than 29,108 case management visits
- Enabled thousands of speciality referrals to more than 140 generous Brevard County Physicians who voluntarily provide their services without charge
- Secured over $22.2 Million in free medications (at average wholesale price) for its patients through our Medication Assistance program
- Enabled out-patients to receive more than $24.5 Million in free diagnostics services through the contributions of Health First, Inc., Wuesthoff Health System, and Parrish Medical Center
The mission of The Brevard Health Alliance, Inc. is to improve the health status of Brevard County's medically under served populations by providing an extra ordinary quality of service in an environment which improves access to a primary care medical home.
Uninsured patients are offered discounted fees based on income and family size. BHA accepts Health First Health Plans, Medicare, Medicaid, United Health Care, Blue Cross-Blue Shield, Cigna, Aetna, and Florida Kid Care. Your questions will be gladly answered regarding our participation with your insurance carrier.